Back to a bit of Master Data Services this week – there’s been a few learning resources that have appeared here and there for MDS over the past couple of months. I thought that it would be worth rounding up the ones that I’ve noticed:
- Installing and Configuring Master Data Services – Starting right at the beginning, this video is useful if you haven’t installed the product yet. It takes everything step by step, showing you how to do the basic install then configure the database and website.
- Implementing MDM Using Master Data Services – This is one of the recent videos from 24 Hours of SQL Pass, which are now available online.
- Microsoft E-Learning Master Data Services – One of the free clinics available on the MS E-Learning site. The content delivery is a good mix between articles, video tutorials and self tests, so really it’s a good couple of hours of decent content, covering everything from business rules to subscription views.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Labs – There’s hands on labs for all parts of R2 here, and the MDS one is definitely worth taking a look at.
- Analysis Services Dimension Management with Master Data Services – A video from the recent Tech Ed conference in New Orleans. Another one that’s really worth watching as it covers how MDS can be utilised in conjunction with Analysis Services.