The Tech-Ed 2010 Conference kicked off today with the Keynote session. The BI Keynote session is tomorrow but today’s keynote did incorporate a small BI Element. No huge announcements, but some announcements all the same.
– Unsuprisingly, Cloud computing dominated the keynote. Highlighting application Integration of Cloud apps & data with on-premise data e.g. Active Directory and business operational systems data to demonstrate “real-world” cloud computing solutions.
– July will see a release of Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
– Windows Server AppFabric, Application Role Extensions to, for example, faciliate Cloud to on premise integration capability is now RTM
– Windows Intune, Cloud based PC management environment
– No date set, but Internet Explorer 9 will focus on performance (Graphics accelleration) and new web standards, and is probably a response to Google speedy Chrome claims
– The Microsoft Live Labs “Pivot” research project, is to hit the mainstream. They were a little cagey around dates, but possibly this month.
Maybe some more BI specific announcements tomorrow…
Read our other blogs here